The quest for knowledge is a noble thing and we are privileged to have gained a measure of trust in our advice and research. There is value in this trust that needs to be supported by the worldwide community.
Musical Instrument Information (MII) from Oriscus.com is a valuable resource to a worldwide community of of musical instrument lovers. We have demonstrated time and again that there is a strong need for a musical "central intelligence agency" that will provide non-judgmental answers to questions from the very simple to the very complex.
- explained the history of the glockenspiel to school children
- provided guidance to someone needing to move a Steinway grand piano from France to Michigan
- pointed a user from Belfast to resources for learning to play the Chinese pipa
- helped a woodwind repairman find a wholesale supplier replacement pads
- helped countless individuals figure out whether their violin is an authentic Guarneri del Gesu or Stradivari.
The skills of a qualified musicologist are not often needed by the general public. But in the global landscape of the Web, there is no shortage of people in need of sensible information and advice.
At MII we treat users with respect and dignity,
no matter how basic their questions may be. We do not discriminate among users
on any basis. We have helped:
- school children with school projects
- parents find instruments for their children
- dealers find wholesale suppliers
- craftsmen and manufacturers find parts suppliers
- collectors find appraisers
We are actively seeking sponsors, underwriters, service contracts and individual donations. Contact us for information.
note our Disclaimer about sites outside the
ORISCUS.COM(sm) domain and our
Please send your comments or suggestions!
Contents of this website are © 1978-2006 by D.Newton/Oriscus.com unless otherwise noted. v.5.1